April 13, 2020
During ChemDraw activation, I received an error containing, "Activation succeeded, but no active licenses found." The error also contains, "Activation ID/Host owner mismatch", and the Host ID is listed as "Optane_0000".
The Intel Optane memory management system has overwritten your HD serial number needed for registering at the Flexera license manager. Use the following steps to correct the issue on each PC showing the Optane_0000 HostID:
- Close ChemDraw fully.
- Browse to C:\ProgramData\PerkinElmerInformatics\FNE\ folder and delete the 17.0/18.0/19.0 folder, but leave the Settings.ini file in place.
- Open the Windows Command Prompt.
- Enter the "dir" command to reveal the statement "Volume Serial Number is..."
- Right-click on the Command Prompt window header to find the Edit menu to Mark.
- Highlight the Volume Serial Number in the Command Prompt window.
- Use the Edit menu again to Copy the serial number in the Command Prompt window.
- In the C:\ProgramData\PerkinElmerInformatics\FNE\ folder, open the Settings.ini file, and paste in HostID where required (take out spaces and hyphen).
- Save the Settings.ini file.
- Close the Command Prompt window.
- Run ChemDraw again.
- When prompted, enter the activation details: name, email, activation code. (Note the new HostID will be used when contacting the Flexera server this time.)