September 11, 2013
Unable to add new Users or Roles in Inventory Workgroup 12
Error: Cannot find the object 'GetPrivsCheminvWinGroup', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.
Encountered an error while mapping privileges to a role, rolling back
This problem happens when the Roles and Mapping privileges are lost in the CSSecurity database of Inventory, this can occur due to ungraceful shutdowns or uncommitted transactions between Inventory and SQL Server.
To solve this problem please try the following:
- First backup all your Inventory data with the "CambridgeSoft.Inventory.BackupRestoreDB.exe" located in the following path: C:\Program Files\CambridgeSoft\ChemOffice2010\Inventory
- Open the SQL Server Management Studio > Expand the databases folder
- Right-click on the CSSecurity database >> Tasks... >> Dettach.. Click OK.
- Copy the blank CSSecurity.MDF and CSSecurity.LDF files from here: C:\Program Files\CambridgeSoft\ChemOffice2010\Inventory\BlankDatabases\CSSecurity12\Database
- Attach the blank CSSecurity.MDF
- Right-click on the CSSecurity database >> Tasks... >> Restore >> Files and Filegroups
- Select the option to Restore from device and point to the CSSecurity_XXXXXXXX.bak that you saved previously with the backup tool.
- After the restore is completed try to login with the INVADMIN account, you should be able to add new users and roles now.
* If the issue persist please contact Cambridgesoft Support so we can check the schemas and permissions of your Security Logins. *