April 01, 2019
Why can I not log in to Columbus using Columbus Insight?
- Users are unable to login to Columbus via Columbus Insight.
- The following login failure message is displayed:
- The Columbus Insight log displays lines similar to the following:
Failed to log onto OMERO.
Reason: Can't connect to OMERO. OMERO info not valid.
reason = "IceSSL: handshake error"
FAQ: Where can I find the Columbus/OMERO client logs on my PC?
As of Java 1.8.0_201 anonymous cipher suites for TLS are now disabled by default (Java bug ID: JDK-8211883). As a result, the Insight client connection may no longer work on any platform that uses Java 1.8.0_201 or greater.
See further details here: https://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-users/2019-January/007321.html
1) Install Java version 1.8.0_192 or earlier on the client machine which is running Columbus Insight.
2) Alternatively, anonymous cipher suites for TLS can be re-enabled for the current Java version (as per the article above).
Modify the following file with a text editor (admin required):
Remove "anon" from the list of disabled algorithms under the jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms property.