April 13, 2020
PerkinElmer Informatics is pleased to announce the release of ChemDraw and ChemOffice version 19.1 giving back more and more precious time back to chemists, and providing them with new ways to make their research stand out in a globally competitive environment as well as novel features to help chemists conduct research more safely.
- New hotkeys and shortcuts: Two new atom hotkeys are now available for cyclopropyl groups (“v”) and cyclobutyl groups (“u”). Recently introduced hotkeys include “Fmoc”, “Boc”, “Cbz”, “MgBr”, “N3” or “COOH” and “NO2”.
- Rotation Shortcut: select a molecule or part of a molecule and press the Alt key plus “down”, “up”, “right”, “left” keyboard arrows to rotate by 15° cw, 15° ccw, 1° cw and 1° ccw, respectively.
- Generic Structure Enumeration improvements: It is now possible to generate fully blown polymers by entering a number or range of numbers as repeating units in the recently added Parameterizable bracket and expanding the generic structure.
- Improvements brought in version 19.1 include better support of ChemDraw on 4K Displays, fixing Unicode-related bugs and overall performance enhancements on large drawing.
Recent additions in 19.1 include:
- New coloring options – ChemDraw now offers the unique possibility to add color inside any carbon cycle, thus enabling clearer communication of ideas and concepts by directing the focus of a reader or an audience to a given part of a chemical structure.
- Enumeration to SD File – When enumerating generic structures to create chemical libraries, the previously existing upper limit of 500 structures has been removed through the possibility to enumerate a generic structure directly to an SD File without an upper limit for the number of structures generated.
- PubChem Safety GHS Add-in: ChemOffice users can now select a chemical structure or a chemical name in ChemDraw and retrieve GHS information (pictograms, H and P phrases) coming from the PubChem Laboratory Chemical Safety Sheet (LCSS). H and P phrases from multiple regulatory agency sources can be conveniently copied to the clipboard.
- New polymer brackets: It is now possible to define an Average Molecular Weight values for a chemical structure between brackets for easier stoichiometry calculations.
- ChemDraw Add-ins now support integrations with applications and services that require token-based authentication.
ChemDraw / ChemOffice 19.1 is qualified against the following:
- Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Microsoft Office 2019
- Microsoft Office 365
- Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra)
- Mac OS X 10.14 (Mojave)
- Mac OS X 10.15 (Catalina)
- Adobe Acrobat 11
Click on the following links to view short videos highlighting: All Current Tips & Tricks in ChemDraw.
ChemDraw Product Page
Back to Support News